Monday, August 9, 2010

MONDAY MADNESS

'Ello, one more day of me 3-7pm on Q92. Should I apologize now or later? Actually I'm back Friday as well. FLO-RIDA tix, of course, listen and win 'em!! Here's some shtuff...








THE NEW POSNER...
His DEBUT CD "31 Minutes To Takeoff" drops tomorrow and it's SO good!! I don't think Blogger allows YouTube vids to be embedded, but I'm gonna try. If it doesn't work below, just click this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKF6tmZd6aw








TEEN CHOICE AWARDS...
...air tonight on Fox, hosted by KATY PERRY. However they were taped last night. Want the winners list so you don't have to bother watching it? Of course you do!

The Big Movie Winners:
Choice Drama: "The Blind Side"
Choice Actress, Drama: Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side"
Choice Actor, Drama: Robert Pattinson, "Remember Me"
Choice Comedy: "Date Night"
Choice Actress, Comedy: Tina Fey, "Date Night"
Choice Actor, Comedy: Ashton Kutcher, "Killers"

The Big TV Winners:
Choice Drama: "Gossip Girl"
Choice Actress, Drama: Leighton Meester, "Gossip Girl"
Choice Actor, Drama: Chace Crawford, "Gossip Girl"
Choice Comedy: "Glee"
Choice Actress, Comedy: Selena Gomez, "Wizards of Waverly Place"
Choice Actor, Comedy: Jonas Brothers, "JONAS"

Anyone surprised by any of the winners so far? In the TEEN choice awards? Yeah, me either...

Mainstream Music Winners:
Choice Female Artist: Lady Gaga
Choice Male Artist: Justin Bieber
Choice Group: Selena Gomez & The Scene
Choice Pop Album: "My World 2.0", Justin Bieber

"Fashion" Winners:
Choice Male Hottie: Taylor Lautner
Choice Female Hottie: Megan Fox


KATY'S WARDROBE CHANGES...
#1
Photobucket

#2
Photobucket

#3
Photobucket


I'm likin' 3 myself!





NIGEL LYTHGOE, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, ON 'IDOL' JUDGES...
"I can't wait for the day when we take the spotlight off the bloody judges."
^I only posted this because he used the word 'bloody', and that should brighten your day a bit!







THE 'SNOOKTIONARY'...
"Jersey Shore" train wreck SNOOKI has announced that she's cutting down on drinking...during the day.

She tells the "New York Post", "I need to calm down with drinking. I can't be drinking in the middle of the day."
Two weeks ago, Snooki was arrested for disorderly conduct after some "day drinking" in New Jersey.

And Snooki already has plans to fill some of those non-drinking hours...she's writing her own DICTIONARY. No joke. I wish I was joking. I really wish.

She calls it a "Snooktionary." Again, wish I was joking. Really wish.
She says that she's doing it, "so people can understand what the hell I'm saying [on the show] 'cause nobody knows."

Here's an example of something that should make the "Snooktionary": Snooki recently said, "I'm just Snookin'. Snookin' is when I'm looking for a guy. If I Snook the night, I took the night."

It's unclear when this thing is coming out. But I feel dumber for even posting this.









GAGA CROWD SURFING!
LADY GAGA performed at the huge Lollapalooza in Chicago on Friday night...and she CROWD-SURFED!
I'm not sure it was very spontaneous since there's photog's all around ready to capture it, but hey, whatever. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGnw7ixjZM






GAGA GETS KICKED FROM MTV...
Sad news for those of you who still like to watch MTV for the music videos and not Jersey Shore reruns. The network has failed to reach an agreement with Vevo for the rights of Universal Music Group's Web music videos.

That means no more big artists like U2, Amy Winehouse, and even bigger—Lady Gaga. "MTVN has been unwilling to negotiate a fair syndication deal with Vevo to carry our artists' videos and consequently our videos will not be shown on their online properties," a UMG spokesman said.

"During our recent discussions with Vevo, we were unable to reach a fair and equitable agreement for rights to stream UMG artists' music video," MTV said in a statement. "As a result, UMG has elected to pull their music videos from our Web sites. We are disappointed by this move and sincerely hope that UMG will work with us toward a fair resolution."





A RANT...
Some website I've never heard of until today, Walletpop, decided to post a "10 Worst Places To Live" list. #2 on their list? Cleveland. Beat out only by some city in California that I've also never heard of.
Why do they say Cleveland is such a terrible place to live? Let's see:
Well, for one they mention the large decline in population last year. OK, point acknowledged.
Second, they mention our 'high unemployment' rate...in Cleveland, it's 9.1%, BELOW THE NATIONAL AVERAGE of 9.5%

What else do they mention (and pretty much focus the whole thing on)? Weather! REEEEALLY?!

"Weather is a big factor, according to Forbes."
Last time I checked, FORBES magazine, a magazine about business, didn't specialize in WEATHER!

"Located on the south shore of Lake Erie, Cleveland gets hit by lake-effect snow, averaging almost 60 inches of the stuff every winter."

And you're telling me that's more than Buffalo? Rochester, Syracuse? Denver? I don't think it is...

"Its frigid winters help produce an average annual temperature of only 50 degrees"

Um, pretty sure Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit...ALL have colder temperatures than we do in the winter.
Average temp for the year? So you mean, we're not swealtering in 95 degree heat and humidity like Orlando, Miami, Houston, New Orleans for 9 months out of the year? Well! That's clearly a terrible thing!

They also throw out mention of 'lousy' sports teams. Perhaps.

But do I really have to point out how many times the CAVS went to the playoffs, even the finals in the last decade?

How bout all the INDIANS Central Division titles, even AL titles over the last 20 years?

The BROWNS? Hard times since they've come back, that's for sure, but show me a city that still packs 73,000 in EVERY Sunday for a game? You can't. Because there ain't one!

I just get tired of all these constant 'lists' from so-called experts in Sacramento or wherever that just follow everyone else's example. Let's attack Cleveland, let's attack Detroit, because that's the cool thing to do.

Until you come down out of your stuffy offices and actually VISIT these cities and see that there are good people and good things happening in them, I'll tell you where you can put your list, Walletpop. And it's not very sunny there!!







That's all for now. Perhaps more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment