Friday, August 6, 2010

FINALLY...FRIDAY!

...and that's a good thing! I don't know about you, but lately for me, Thursday has been a terrible day. Talked to a few people yesterday who were saying the same thing. We need less Thursdays and more Fridays!
LOTS to do this weekend, ribs today, parade and enshrinement tomorrow, FOOTBALL SEASON kicks off SUNDAY!!

Oh, btw...Uptown Auto in Alliance, highly recommended by me! They took care of me yesterday, got the car back on the road super quick! Tell 'em you heard it from Q92... 330-821-3065 and www.uptownautoservice.com, they're on West State St.

Here's some shtuff....









ENRIQUE DID IT...NAKED WATER-SKIING!!!
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS promised to water ski naked in Miami if Spain won the World Cup. They did...and finally, so did he.

He did it at night, within the last few days, and there's video. Unfortunately, it's grainy and shaky and there's not much in the way of GOOD STUFF FOR THE LADIES.

Regardless, here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMhkjjoS--o








JAKEY...
I've known many-o female to have a thing for JAKE GYLLENHAAL over the years...good to know, that he used to be a GEEK!
Photobucket








XTINA'S NEW FLICK...
It's called "Burlesque", and it stars CHRISTINA AGUILERA as a small-town girl who ends up working in a big-city burlesque club.

CHER plays her mentor, and the cast also includes such names as Kristen Bell, Eric Dane, Julianne Hough and Stanley Tucci.
The movie hits theaters November 14th, and the trailer hit the web this week. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ch_5ZWFFis









MORE 'IDOL' NEWS? YES.
"American Idol" executive producer NIGEL LYTHGOE...who just returned to the show after leaving two years ago...still has mad love for PAULA ABDUL.
(Nigel is also the head judge on "So You Think You Can Dance", btw.)

In fact, he wouldn't mind seeing Paula return to the judging panel!

He tells "Variety", "I still love Paula. She's signed to CBS, probably exclusively, but I'd recommend we have her in a heartbeat."

Back in May, CBS hired Paula to be the lead judge on an upcoming show called "Got to Dance". It's based on a British show, which is a lot like "So You Think You Can Dance"...except that it's less about learning choreography.

If "Idol" keeps the four-judge format, there are TWO open seats on the panel: SIMON COWELL'S and ELLEN DEGENERES'. There may also be a third, if the rumors that KARA DIOGUARDI'S firing are true.

AEROSMITH singer STEVEN TYLER and JENNIFER LOPEZ are supposedly in line to become judges...but there's still no official word on either of them.








BACK IN THE DAY...
...before the internet, we watched ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT for all of the day's juicy gossip! And now MARY HART has announced that she'll be leaving "Entertainment Tonight" after the show's upcoming, 30th season. "ET" premiered a year before she joined, so when she leaves, she'll have been with it for 29 years.

Mary released a statement saying, "I've had the privilege of spending 29 years doing something I love . . . how often does that happen?

"I only meant to be at 'ET' for three years . . . [but] suddenly it's almost 30! I've reached a point when I clearly realize it's time for a change. There are many things I want to do in my life and I'd better get on with them."

Her final season will begin on September 13th.









NEW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZER...
WEEZER have announced that their next album will hit stores on September 14th. Sadly, this is another album that WILL have a title...not another self-titled disc that will be known by the color of its cover. The title is "Hurley".

Now you know.








KANYE HAS BEEN IN A 'DARK' PERIOD...
KANYE WEST has called the last year...since last September's "Video Music Awards"...the, "darkest year of his career."

In a series of messages on Twitter, Kanye says, "People are so scared of pain, hurt and embarrassment that no one takes risks anymore...I've made so many mistakes that made me better today.

"I've been hurt and embarrassed, but I still believe in good will. Give of yourself with no fear and one day he'll have you in the clear.

"He returns the blessings you give 10-fold. I feel God's light shining through my darkest year of my life and career. I feel the glow again.

"I will be a better man, friend, role model, citizen, blogger, tweeter, artist, creator, giver, thinker, motivator and person. IFEELTHEGLOW."









NEW NELLY!
NELLY'S next album, "5.0", is set to drop on November 16th. That is all.








UM...
These are the results from a survey of British men...so either they have VERY different vanity issues than we do...or I was asleep on the day that everyone decided going bald ISN'T that bad.

The survey asked men to name their biggest concern about their appearance, and GOING GRAY actually beat out BALDING. Here are the top five concerns, in order:

#1.) Having their hair turn gray.
#2.) Balding.
#3.) Unwanted nose, ear and body hair.
#4.) Being overweight.
#5.) Yellow teeth.

The survey also found that men REALLY start becoming unhappy with their looks at age 45. Really? Cause I'm 24 and I gotta tell ya....








GUYS SAYS...GUY MEANS...
Match.com talked to guys and relationship experts to find out what guys REALLY mean when they say the things they say. And I have to say, these are fairly accurate! Here are five common things men say to women, and what they REALLY mean...

#1.) "WE SHOULD HANG OUT SOME TIME." What he's REALLY saying is, "I don't want to ask you out and get rejected, so first I'm checking to see if you're interested."

If you say yes and give him your number, he knows you really ARE interested. But if you say yes and then make some excuse to leave the room, he knows you're not.

#2.) "I LIKE YOUR SHOES." It means he's physically attracted to you. What's he's REALLY saying is, "I like your LEGS."

#3.) "I THINK I'M FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU." It means, "I'm really close to saying the L-word, but I can't bring myself to say it just yet." And he wants to make sure that when he DOES say it, you'll say it back.

#4.) "YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME." According to Match.com, it means he's just trying to dump you without actually having to DO it or feel BAD about it.

But they don't take into account how many guys have low self-esteem. And if he says you deserve someone better, he might just be trying to break up with you before YOU break up with HIM.

#5.) "MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE A BREAK." What he really means is, "I want to keep my options open." And even if he SAYS you'll end up together, you probably won't. Because if he's keeping his OPTIONS open, chances are he's not "the one."









That's all for now! FLO-RIDA tix at 4:33 and 6:33pm this afternoon!! $50 in free gas at 5pm!
More later if anything good happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment