Thursday, September 30, 2010

THE SLEEP-DEPRIVED THURSDAY

I. NEED. SLEEP.
But...YOU. NEED. A. FRESH. BLOG.
So, here ya go!








YA LOST YER WHAT??!
Here's some celebrity trivia for you: When SUGAR RAY singer MARK MCGRATH was 10 years old, he almost lost one of his testes...because he SLEPT ON IT WRONG.

He tells People.com, "When I was around 10 years old, I had an injury to one of my balls (forgive me, I'm a rocker) that occurred when I was sleeping.

"Basically, I rolled over awkwardly, cutting off the blood flow, and my testicle was slowly dying. I know it sounds hardcore...especially at age 10...but thankfully they were able to save it.

"The problem was, they told me it was possible I may never be able to have children. Ha! What did I care? I was only 10 years old and girls were still firmly entrenched in the 'icky' stage to me!"

(Really? Even at 10? I was browsing the SI swimsuit issue at age 10...Anyway)
This revelation comes from a series of blogs Mark has begun writing for the "Moms & Babies" section of People.com.

See, Mark and his fiancée Carin had trouble conceiving their now-5-month-old twins because of his near-testicular-death experience, as well as some, shall we say...plumbing issues of Carin's.

They ended up going with in vitro. You can read Part 1 of Mark's story here if you so desire
http://celebritybabies.people.com/2010/09/29/mark-mcgraths-blog-our-fertility-journey-part-1/







10 SONGS THAT MAKE MEN CRY...
At the last radio station I worked at, we did a test of some of our older music, and this song came in DEAD LAST...regardless, the R.E.M. classic "Everybody Hurts" has topped a survey of The Top 10 Songs That Make Men Cry. (Or at least, The Top 10 Songs That Make BRITISH Men Cry...since the survey was conducted in the U.K.)

The company that conducted the survey described "Everybody Hurts" as, "a well-written tear-jerker that people can relate to and empathize with.

"It is this lyrical connection that can reach deep down emotionally and move even the strongest of men." (Right now, I'm trying to imagine some football player listening to "Everybody Hurts" in the locker room, and bawling his eyes out.)

Here's the Top 10:
#1.) "Everybody Hurts", R.E.M.
#2.) "Tears in Heaven", Eric Clapton
#3.) "Hallelujah", Leonard Cohen
#4.) "Nothing Compares 2 U", Sinead O'Connor
#5.) "With or Without You", U2
#6.) "The Drugs Don't Work", The Verve
#7.) "Candle in the Wind", Elton John
#8.) "Streets of Philadelphia", Bruce Springsteen
#9.) "Unchained Melody", Todd Duncan (Todd sang the original version for a 1955 prison flick called "Unchained". The Righteous Brothers version that everybody remembers from "Ghost" was recorded ten years later.)
#10.) "Angels", Robbie Williams








PETE WENTZ...WENT THRU DEPRESSION...
PETE WENTZ admitted that he battled depression after FALL OUT BOY‘s decision to go on an “indefinite” break last year.

He said: “It was so strange. I became this guy in a plaid shirt and grew a depressed guy beard. I was at rock bottom.”

Pete went on to form his new band, BLACK CARDS. They’re set to release their debut album later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment