Monday, January 24, 2011

LOCAL RADIO PERSONALITY REMOVES 'NAUGHTY WORDS' FROM POPULAR SONG

It appears to be yet another case of indecency over the public airwaves. But one local radio personality is taking a stand and saying 'no more'. Rob Mackenzie of WDJQ-FM 92.5 promises you won't hear the inappropriate language while he is on the air.

"I brought it to the attention of my boss and he stands behind my decision. We risk exposing children to this if we let it continue on Q92's airwaves. I, myself, typically have a high tolerance. But the words in this song...this even bothers me", Mackenzie said this afternoon.

The song in question is by a rapper named Wiz Khalifa, a Western Pennsylvania native. And the questionable lyrics appear right in the title of the song, "Black" and "Yellow".

Mackenzie explained further, "Being an Ohio native, and more specifically a Canton native, I grew up around professional football. Lots of orange and brown, scarlet, red, grey, even the green and blue of some local high school teams. But the combination of yellow and black together, that's just something that should not be seen. Or heard for that matter. I want to make sure that listeners of our radio station are not offended when listening to my show."

Mackenzie says he won't completely stop playing the song on Q92. "The naughty words most definitely have been removed. I encourage my co-workers to stand with me in this decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment