Thursday, October 14, 2010

"THE ANTHEM" THURSDAY

The Anthem. As in the GOOD CHARLOTTE song. Today is the day!! LISTEN to Q92, it's the ONLY way to get in to not only SEE GC, but MEET them as well!!






THE WOMEN OF ROCK....
The E! network has just announced a new reality show called "Married to Rock", which follows the wives of three rock stars, and the girlfriend of another.

The cast features: Etty Farrell, who's married to Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell...Susan Holmes McKagan, the wife of former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan. (He also briefly played with Jane's Addiction earlier this year.)

Josie Stevens, the wife of Billy Idol's guitarist Steve Stevens...and AJ Celi, who's dating Billy Duffy, the guitarist for The Cult.

An E! suit explains, quote, "So many women have a fantasy about landing a rock star. We're raising the curtain on the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and showing there's more to it than the late-night partying, ravaged hotel rooms and jet-set life we've all read about.

"But, of course, there's all of that too." The show debuts on November 7th.

Of course, the curtain-raising could've been much more interesting if they actually landed some wives of current, relevant rock STARS!!! I'm just sayin'







NEW MUSIC FROM K-$$$...AND HER SPIRITUALNESS...
KE$HA has a secret weapon with her on tour: A spiritual healer.

She tells "Seventeen" magazine, "I have a spiritual healer on tour with me, and we center our chakras before every show. We meditate and try to hone in on my psychic abilities, and go to acupuncture, and eat super organic."

In Hindu and Buddhist ideology, "chakras" are basically a series of spiritual energy wheels that operate as "force centers" in your body...I guess.

Eating "super organic" is a notch above eating "really organic"...again I guess. And two notches above plain "organic". And it's a notch below "absolutely organic." Uh, yeah.

But maybe Ke$ha's spiritual healer can let loose a little, too.

She says, "I could party in a cardboard box with people who are funny and don't care. For me, it's really about who I surround myself with, so I just try to always be with hilarious people."

Btw, Ke$ha is putting out a new disc called "Cannibal" on November 22nd. It's a nine-song, "companion album" to her debut, "Animal".







T.I. IS PREVENTING SUICIDES....WAIT, WHAT?!
T.I. personally talked a young man out of jumping off a skyscraper in Atlanta yesterday. For real. T.I. saved the dude's life. Here's how it went down.

At around 4:00 P.M., a local radio station there was talking about how there was a man, who has only been identified as "Joshua," threatening to jump off a 22-story office building. The radio station studios are actually INSIDE that building.

T.I. heard about the situation on the radio, and rushed over to the building. When he got there, he coordinated with the police to try to help talk Joshua down.

He quickly recorded a message on a cell phone that said, "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

It worked. Joshua came down off the roof in exchange for some face time with T.I. in the lobby of the building.

An Atlanta police officer said, "He didn't have to stop. He could've kept on going about his business. We're happy it ended the way it did, and we thank him."

T.I. later told the Associated Press, "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better. I just reminded him, know that I know. It looks bad right now, but it can turn around."

He added that Joshua seemed, "beat up by life." (The man was taken to the hospital. The police won't be pressing any charges against him.)

All this comes at a VERY convenient time for T.I. Tomorrow he'll be in court asking a judge not to revoke his probation for a drug bust last month.

But T.I. says he wasn't even thinking about that. In a radio interview after all the excitement, T.I. said that he isn't accepting any credit for his role in talking Joshua down.

He added, "I didn't wake up this morning with the intentions of going down and helping hostage negotiators talk someone down off of a ledge. I don't think that can be in anyone's plan of action."








THE MINER STORY YOU *REALLY* WANNA KNOW ABOUT...
Back in September, I told you about this saga. And now, with the Chilean miners being rescued, it's reached its conclusion.

You're very happy and all that about the Chilean miners finally being rescued.

But what you REALLY wanted to hear about was what happened to 50-year-old Yonni Barrios. He's the miner whose AFFAIR was exposed while he was trapped...after both his mistress AND his wife showed up to hold a vigil for him!!

Well...early yesterday morning, Yonni was the 21st miner rescued from the mine. And there to greet him was...HIS MISTRESS. No wifey!

That mistress is 45-year-old Susana Valenzuela. When Yonni emerged, she was there to give him a giant hug and kiss. His wife, 56-year-old Marta Salinas, REFUSED to be there if the mistress was going to be there.

According to Yonni's sister, now that he's out, he's REALLY trying to do the old have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too thing. "He loves them both and he wants them to be friends with each other."

HA!!!!!!

His wife says that's not an option.

Duh.








Listen to WIN those GC tickets! We'll see you tonight for K'NAAN & PAPER TONGUES!

No comments:

Post a Comment