Saturday, December 19, 2009

MINI-SATURDAY UPDATE...

So I was a dope and forgot to email myself all of my material before I came to work today. So, you get what little I can scrape together for now, and a FULL update tomorrow.

Here's a fun site for ya...
http://www.sketchysantas.com/





JT IS #1...IN CHARITY
A website called The Daily Beast set out to determine which celebrity has the most impact...in terms of dollars raised...for his or her pet charity. And they found that celebrity to be...JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.

What they did was take the biggest the celebrities and look at the charity each of those celebs is most associated with.

Then they calculated how much awareness each celebrity brings to his or her pet cause in print, on TV and online. They also factored in personal donations to the charity from each celebrity.

Explaining exactly how they calculated all of this would bore you, quite frankly. So let's skip all that and get right to the dollar amounts.

#1.) JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, Shriner's Hospital for Children, $9.3 million

#2.) MADONNA, Raising Malawi, $5.5 million

#3.) PAMELA ANDERSON, PETA, $4.8 million

#4.) OPRAH WINFREY, Oprah's Angel Network, $3.9 million

#5.) BONO, ONE Foundation, $3.6 million

#6.) ANGELINA JOLIE, UNHCR, $3 million (That's the U.N.'s refugee agency.)

#7.) RIHANNA, UNICEF, $2.3 million

#8.) GEORGE CLOONEY, United Nations, $2.2 million

#9.) SALMA HAYEK, UNICEF, $1.6 million

#10.) SHAKIRA, UNICEF, $1.3 million

Lessons learned today: #1.) Charity is good. #2.) UNICEF is where all the MINXES go!!!








CHANGES TO LATE-NIGHT TV??...
A PopEater.com columnist claims that unnamed "TV executives" told him that NBC is looking to replace CONAN O'BRIEN on "The Tonight Show"...and that the first name on their wish list is JERRY SEINFELD. (Naturally.)

Reps for both Conan and NBC have denied the report. Sure, they'd like to have Jerry...who wouldn't...but this isn't happening. The "Tonight Show" HAS sunk pretty low in the ratings, though. You have to wonder if they're exploring their options.







RIHANNA'S NEW VID...
RIHANNA has released a video for her song "Hard". There's no obvious references to CHRIS BROWN, but it does feature Rihanna as a sexy, scantily-clad soldier. You can watch it, here...
http://www.rihannanow.com/news/2009/12/179/







THE 2000's...IN 7 MINUTES....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfhTPaqKEAE








THE STATUS....
So this is new...a little insight into my life, via Facebook. Every weekend, I'll show ya some of my facebook status updates and their replies by friends.

Last Sunday, I said...
I wonder what being P. Diddy feels like. How would I know if what I felt when I woke up in the morning...was a P. Diddy-type feeling? Yeah. Ponder that.
Chris says: What if she said "wake up in the morning feelin like Jenna Jameson"? WIN

Jeannette says: I'd rather feel like Jenna Jameson....

Mary adds: I ponder this sometimes when I wake up... I've yet to wake up feeling like a rich, handsome, rapper man so I'll probably never know the feeling. *sad panda*



Thursday...Were there ever times you sat there for a minute or two, trying to come up with something good to put in your facebook status? This is one of those times. And this is the crap you're left with. Pathetic, basically.

Virgil says: I resort to posting lyrics when that happens to me
Rachel says: Laame-o.Maybe if you were cooler you'd have better stuff to say Rob. :)
Love you too, Rachel :-p


We also had this gem: And we all like to see tig ol' bitties!

Well hey, I went with the lyrics!





So that should about do it! A full slate of updates tomorrow! Lastly, a guy that's been on the radio in this area for a long time stepped away from the mic yesterday. I grew up listening to him and also had the chance to work with him for a few years. Matt, best of luck to you my friend!
With that said, perhaps friends or family of yours could be looking for a new radio station over the coming weeks and months. Be sure to send them to Q92!

Thank YOU for listening and reading, enjoy your weekend! Snooooowwwwww!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd love to see Jerry on The Tonight Show!! I might actually watch if that happened :)

    I listened to part of Matt's final show yesterday, it was sad. I haven't listened in years but I grew up getting ready to Matt and BA in the AM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw, am I the only person that reads this...or just the only person who bothers to comment? Do I win a cookie or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....well considering I'm JUST reading this comment.....LOL

    ANd I ate the cookies :(

    ReplyDelete