Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THE CLEVELAND CONCERT GOER...

If you're reading this, you are probably in Northeast Ohio. And chances are also probably good that you've been to a concert or two in the Cleveland area. Think about some of the concerts you've seen here. Think about the crowd, think about the bands reaction to the crowd.

I'm betting you've heard "you guys are f**king amazing!" "we always love playing in Cleveland" "Cleveland fans are always great"...etc etc etc.

And I'll bet you thought to yourself "Yeah, OK, they say that at all the shows".

I used to think so too.

I had the chance to take a friend of mine up to Michigan (yes, I know...) to see the All-American Rejects a few years ago. Fall of 2006, to be specific. Boys Like Girls opened the show.
Big crowd, it was a basketball arena on a college campus.
AAR was practically BEGGING the crowd to get excited, to get hyped up!
And my friend says to me "ya know how at all of the shows in Cleveland, the artist always says how great the fans are? It must actually be true!"

And I really think it is. Northeast Ohio, BE PROUD of that intense, insane energy you bring to each and every show you see!
We're good people around here. We spend our hard-earned dough on tickets to our favorite acts, and we want them to deliver. And we let them know it!! And they can tell, and they DO deliver!

I went to the No Doubt/Paramore show at Blossom Music Center last night. Blossom is a HUGE venue, as anyone who's ever been there knows.
They sold it out. 22,000 FANS! Lawn, pavillion, PACKED!
I was in the lawn, and let me tell you, just as a fan of live music, it was SO incredible to look down towards the stage when No Doubt came out with "Spiderwebs"...to look out at the ENTIRE place jumping up and down, arms in the air!

Gwen said it. "You guys are amazing. This is incredible, this will always be a show we remember from this tour"

Cleveland concert-goer...keep on bringing it!!!

....now if only we could get an 'exit solution' for getting OUT of Blossom....

Photobucket
Paramore waaaay down there on stage. More pics coming soon to my FB and myspace

Photobucket
Crowd shots!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment